New image reveals that Supergirl will return in Season 5 with an all new suit.


Actress Melissa Benoist has revealed on her instagram that Supergirl will be returning for Season 5 in a brand new, updated suit. (Seen below.)

The big change is that they have gotten rid of the skirt and replaced them with pants. Though Melissa Benoist seems very happy about this change, some fans are upset. I personally don't mind the change but I really don't like how the overall suit looks now. There's just too much blue with nothing breaking it up so that it now looks like a blue blob. (This was my main dislike of the DCEU Superman suit as well.)


While talking to Entertainment Weekly, Benoist stated,
"“We’ve been talking about pants since season 1. Every time a writer from the show has come up, and it’s freezing cold in Vancouver, I’m like, ‘Guys, please can I not wear tights?’ I love [Kara’s old costume]. I haven’t changed it because it so works, and I think it is very Kara. I’ve always felt that — until recently, I’m like, ‘Something’s gotta give.'”
Speaking on the costume itself she continued saying that it has more range of motion and it's a great way to show Kara's growth.
"“I just think it’s more adult. Part of my goal in this whole series for whenever the show ends, I just want there to be a very clear arc for this character that she evolved as a woman and found her femininity and her adulthood, just a self-discovery.”"

How do you feel about this new suit? Are you all in or is there just something off about it?


----------
You can also follow Realm Beyond Sight on Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS for the latest news and fun conversations!

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Comments