Michelle Pfeiffer talks about the solo Catwoman film she would have loved to have been in.


Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman from the 1992 film Batman Returns is held as one of the best if not the best live action incarnation of Catwoman that has been delivered to fans. Pfeiffer has stated many times over the years since playing the role that she loved playing Catwoman in the film. In a recent interview Pfeiffer revealed that she would have even loved to play Catwoman in her own solo film had she gotten the chance.

"“Are you kidding me? In a heartbeat,” Pfeiffer said. “I loved that part. I felt like I was just getting comfortable and getting used to the claws and the mask, just figuring out how to move in all of that. There was a little bit of talk about that, then that kind of faded away.”"
Even though the suit looked absolutely amazing, Pfeiffer recalls that it was not the most comfortable thing she has worn on a film set.
"the most uncomfortable costume I've ever been in. They had to powder me down, help me inside and then vacuum-pack the suit. They'd paint it with a silicon-based finish to give it its trademark shine.""
Yikes. That does sound uncomfortable! To top it off, she was also unable to use the bathroom while the suit was on.
""Originally, they didn't leave me a way to use the restroom in the suit, so that also had to be remedied as well. I had those claws, and I was always catching them in things. The face mask was smashing my face and choking me. We had a lot of bugs to work out.""
Now all of this could sound like Pfeiffer would have hated the role but it was the exact opposite. She loved being Catwoman.
"As a young girl, I was completely obsessed with Catwoman. When I heard that Tim was making the film and Catwoman had already been cast, I was devastated. At the time, it was Annette Bening. Then she became pregnant. The rest is history. I remember telling Tim halfway through the script that I'd do the film, that's how excited I was."
I don't know about you but I would have absolutely loved to have seen Michelle Pfeiffer star in her own Catwoman film. I think she performed brilliantly in Batman Returns.

It won't be long until we have to see Pfeiffer back in a superhero film however. She has been cast as Janet Janet van Dyne, the original Wasp, in the upcoming Marvel film Ant-Man and The Wasp which hits theaters on July 6, 2018.

Would you have liked to see Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman in her own solo film? What did you think of Catwoman in Batman Returns?

----------
Show your support by "liking" and following my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: ComicBook.com

Comments