Bill Murray speaks out about his Ghostbusters cameo in the new film.


It was pretty clear that actor Bill Murray wanted nothing more to do with the Ghostbusters franchise for many years. However, to everyone's surprise, he recently filmed a cameo in the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot that stars Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones as the Ghostbusters team.

I won't reveal what kind of a role he plays but will say that he is not returning as Dr. Peter Venkman. Murray recently did an interview with Vulture where he spoke about why he eventually decided to return to the franchise.
"“You know, they were incredibly nice to ask me, and I really enjoyed being there,” Murray said. “They have such a jolly group, and they are going to have great success with this project. I didn’t want to overshadow [them] or anything, and I feel really good about it.”"
Many fans know that returning to the franchise has been a big question put towards Murray for many years. He next touched on this fact.
"“I thought about it for a very long time,” he said. “Like, many, many months. No, that’s not right. I was seriously thinking about this for years, really … It kept eating at me, and I really respect those girls. And then I started to feel like if I didn’t do this movie, maybe somebody would write a bad review or something, thinking there was some sort of disapproval [on my part].”"
Whatever the reason I am sure that many fans out there are excited to see his return. It just sort of feels right to have him be a part of the new film. We also know that actor Dan Aykroyd filmed a cameo recently. Will Ernie Hudson be next to get a call?

Ghostbusters will be in theaters on July 16, 2016.

Show your support by "liking" and following my new Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: Vulture

Comments