Michael Jackson wanted to play Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.


When Jar Jar Binks was debuted in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace he was not the most favorite character in the franchise. In fact, he became one of the most disliked characters. However, it appears as though Jar Jar could have been much different in the films. Actor Ahmed Best, who played Jar Jar in the films, has revealed that Michael Jackson originally wanted to play the role of Jar Jar.

Find out what the actor revealed inside the full article.

During an interview with Vice Ahmed Best spoke about who was possibly going to get the role of Jar Jar Binks. It's hard to believe that the role could have went to the singer Michael Jackson. Here is what Best had to say,
"That's what George told me. Me, Natalie Portman, and George's kids—we were at Wembley arena at Michael Jackson's concert. We were taken backstage and we met Michael. There was Michael and Lisa Marie [Presley]. George introduced me as "Jar Jar" and I was like, That's kind of weird. Michael was like, "Oh. OK." I thought, What is going on? After Michael had driven off, we all go back up to a big afterparty. I'm having a drink with George and I said, "Why did you introduce me as Jar Jar?" He said, "Well, Michael wanted to do the part but he wanted to do it in prosthetics and makeup like 'Thriller.'" George wanted to do it in CGI. My guess is ultimately Michael Jackson would have been bigger than the movie, and I don't think he wanted that."
This is certainly an odd reveal. Do you think Michael Jackson would have been a better fit for the role? What do you think Jar Jar would have looked like if he were created through prosthetics? Do you think people would have liked the character more?

Be sure to follow my new Twitter account for the latest news and fun conversation! Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: Vice

Comments