Gamer hacks a The Legend of Zelda NES cartridge to propose to his girlfriend.



Sometimes a marriage proposal is so perfect that yes is the only option.l This is one of those times.


A fan hacked the original The Legend of Zelda on the NES so that he could propose to his girlfriend Natalie. He altered the game so that when the game was completed the proposal would play out on the screen.

Here is a short explanation from the proposed, Natalie:

"My fiancĂ© proposed to me by having me sit through him playing the whole game on what I thought was his original NES catridge. While I wasn't looking, before we started playing, he switched out the original cartridge for an EverDrive cartridge, so I had no clue that when he beat the game, this would happen!  
A note: this is not video of the actual engagement proposal gameplay - we don't have the equipment set up for that kind of recording and, since I'm a wedding photographer in real life, there was no way he could just start video taping things without making me suspicious. This is a video recorded off the emulator after the fact, so the video is actually a simple map hack. If you're paying attention, there's no way he could have made it to Ganon and the silver arrows using that path naturally. But he really did! We just didn't record it! 
He didn't expand the memory of the rom at all, so he was working with bytes of space to make the changes, but he hacked Zelda to have bunny ears (he calls me Bunny, and I'm obsessed with bunny rabbits), and aside from the proposal text and animation of Link holding up the ring, he also hacked the music to play in the background (which is silent in the original). I'm sure he would want me to say something else too, but he's the computer programmer, not me. 
And yes, I said yes. Or, I think my exact words were, "Of course, stupid.""

Congratulations, Natalie!

Source: YouTube - Natalie Martin

Comments