Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams says she'd love to play Ellie in the The Last of Us film adaptation!


Earlier this year fans found out that Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams was in talks to take the role of Ellie in a film adaptation of the hit video game The Last of Us. Director Sam Raimi is attached with Neil Druckmann, writer for the The Last of Us video game, attached to write the screenplay. Now Williams is coming forward and stating that it looks like it could actually happen.

Williams was not familiar with the game but when fans on twitter, including Ellie voice actress Ashley Johnson, fan casted her for the role. This sparked Williams' interest and she got her new American agent to work to set up a meeting for her.

""And when I got my American agent and he said, ‘If there’s anything you want to do, let us know’ — America’s got such that can-do attitude. That was the first time I came to him with anything. So he said he’d set us up for a meeting next time I’m in America. And they did. So I had a meeting with [producer] Sam Raimi and [game director] Neil Druckmann. And they said they’d love if you would moderate the panel at Comic-Con, but you’d need to watch the walk-through and know your s*** because there are massive fans of this and we wouldn’t want it to go wrong.
"I was doing so much work for Thrones that I didn’t want to half-arse do it, so I said I’m not going to [moderate]. They said fine, but they’re gonna announce they had talks. So the way it was left is they want me to do it, and I want to do it. But there’s no script, no director, and no anything else. So at this moment, it’s looking like, ‘Yes,’ but it’s still such early days. If they make it in 30 years, they can’t have a 40-year-old Ellie. So at the moment, it’s looking good, and I’d love to do it. Hell yeah.”"
For those not completely familiar with the game, the story follows Joel and Ellie as they try to survive a post apocalyptic world where a virus rampaged and transformed humanity. With themes such as survival, love, loyalty, and redemption, a film adaptation has plenty to work with. Do you think that Maisie Williams is right for the part of Ellie?

Source: IGN

Comments