The Simpsons showrunner shares how he would want to end the show when the time comes and it's brilliant!


Al Jean is the current showrunner for the hit Fox show The Simpsons, but in 1989 when the show first started he was just a writer. During a recent interview with CNN Jean commented how he believes the show should end when the time comes. Currently, the show is in its 26th season and going strong so who knows when the end will come. When it does however, Jean came up with a brilliantly clever idea that fans may really love. (I do.)
"However, there is an ending I've always had in mind, which was, I thought it would be cool if in the last episode they're getting ready to go to a Christmas pageant, and they go to the Christmas pageant that opens up the first episode, "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire," so the entire series is a loop with no end.
That would be my way of concluding the run, but nobody has asked me for it yet."

I think this is an absolutely brilliant ending and I would love it if this were used. How do you feel about this kind of an ending? Do you have your own ending that you'd like to see become a reality?

Source: CNN

Comments