JK Rowling all set to write new Harry Potter spin-off film!

Harry Potter fans have been waiting for this moment since the day after Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows was released. (The day after being when they all finished reading the last book.) JK Rowling has agreed to return to the magical world of Harry Potter and write an all new spin-off film!
 
Although fans have been waiting for this moment, most never actually expected it to ever come. Now that it has they are all celebrating. The film will be based off of the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which was published in 2001 and was created to look like a textbook used by Harry Potter. The book itself talks about the different magical beasts found in the world (many of whom we have seen in the books/films; dragons, hippogriffs, werewolves, grindylow, centaurs basilisks, ect.). Excitingly, this film could be the first time we see many creatures such as the Nundu (gigantic leopards considered by many to be the most dangerous beast in the world), Red Caps (dwarflike creatures who like human blood), Demiguise (peaceful herbivorous beast living in the far east), or the Griffin (originating in Greece it has the front legs and head of an eagle and the body of a lion).

JK Rowling spoke about the new film idea saying,
""It all started when Warner Bros came to me with the suggestion of turning Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them into a film," said Rowling.
"I thought it was a fun idea, but the idea of seeing Newt Scamander, the supposed author of Fantastic Beasts, realised by another writer was difficult.
"Having lived for so long in my fictional universe, I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood.
She went on: "As I considered Warners' proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn't dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros.
"Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for 17 years, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world.
"The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt's story will start in New York, 70 years before Harry's gets underway."
Rowling added: "I always said that I would only revisit the wizarding world if I had an idea that I was really excited about and this is it.""
This new film will feature Newt Scamander, fictional author of the textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and I would expect Rowling to create a story centered around Scamander's travels around the world cataloging all of the fantastic beasts that he puts into his book. The fact alone that the beasts range from peaceful to deadly gives Rowling an opportunity to write some beautiful and exciting scenes.

I am really excited to see what Rowling will come up with and I know that she will deliver another fun and exciting story. I'm also really excited to see New York in this magical world! Maybe even the American magical school? How do you feel about the news that we will get to explore more of the Harry Potter universe?

Source: BBC News

Comments