Catwoman becomes a creepy cat lady with cats from all over pop culture in fantastic fan art!

If anyone out there would be the ultimate cat lady it would most certainly be Catwoman. Take a look at this fun piece of fan art by artist caanantheartboy that features a worried Batman, an affectionate Catwoman, and the most famous cats that pop culture has to offer! Can you name all of the cats featured in this amazing art piece? If you have trouble, you can look below the picture for a list of all the cats and the explanation as to why some were chose and some were not.

*Be sure to click the image to enlarge so that you can see all of the cats.


"Behind the couch: Krazy Kat, Azrael (Smurfs), Bill the Cat, Felix, MAD Cat (with a Hello Kitty doll), Top Cat and Snowball II. On (and above) the couch: Streaky (who is orange, yes. My bad!) Mooch (Mutts), Stimpy, Mr Kat (Kid vs Kat), Sylvester, Puss in Boots, Figaro. The rest: Tom, Simon's Cat, Nermal, Garfield, Penelope, O'Malley, Marie (I wasn't gonna do ALL the Aristocats!), Horse (Footrot Flats), the Cheshire Cat, and Bucky and Scratchy behind Batman. The posters are That Darn Cat and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. (I also could have done The Cat from Outer Space, Le Chat Noir, and many others. Space restrictions!) The framed 'cat man' is Blacksad. The record is of course Josie and the Pussycats and the book, which has become illegible from the scanning, is Jennie, by Paul Gallico. (I believe it may be called 'The Abandoned' in the US?) It's about a girl who turns in to a cat. My dad read it to me and my brother when we were kids.

It's cats only, so there's no tigers! (Hobbes, Tigger, etc... OUT.)

I avoided humanoid cats (except that Blacksad pic) and cats of a more adult nature. (Fritz. Fat Freddy's Cat. Etc.)

Both Eek and Heathcliff were on my list, but ultimately left off 'cos of space. I also left off others who came from the same 'world' to keep the variety up. So there's only two Aristocats out of many, and indeed other Disney cats were left out because of that (I love Oliver and Co.) Also with Sylvester and Penelope there was no need for Pussyfoot. Or even Furrball (Sylvester's Tiny Toons counterpart.) I probably could have put in Rita though (from Animaniacs.) It also meant no Arlene, since Garfield and Nermal were enough. Also there's nothing from anime or manga because I don't really watch/read much of it and this was meant to be an amalgam of stuff I grew up with and/or still read/watch, and not a comprehensive list. (Although I really wanted to scatter around some Samurai Pizza Cat toys but I don't think I could have achieved that in enough detail for people to get it straight away.)

Oh, and I was aiming for just cartoons and comics which is why no Cat in the Hat. Besides falling in to the humanoid category, it's also a children's book. (Maybe I should have put it on the coffee table too!)"

Source: Deviant Art - caanantheartboy

Comments