Are Bronies Changing the Definition of Masculinity? [video]

The television show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has gained a lot of popularity since it debuted in October of 2010. However, the big surprise that nobody saw coming is the huge following of males that have truly embraced the show and what it stands for. This group of males have appropriately named themselves "Bronies". But a male following for what was once a little girls' show? Can this be true? This video looks at how "Bronies" could possibly be changing the definition of masculinity.
"You might assume that the animated TV series "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" is for little girls, but Bronies would beg to differ. Bronies are adult men who sincerely LOVE the show, and aren't afraid to admit it. Many people are baffled, even angered, by Brony culture. With their unabashed appreciation for "My Little Pony", Bronies are challenging our perception of gender roles, which may be more fluid than previously thought!"


Source: I Heart Chaos

Comments

  1. I think its fine for a guy to watch a girl's cartoon as it is for me, a woman in her 30's, to watch X-Men or Thundercats. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment