Peter Parker's eyes visible in the new The Amazing Spider-Man suit

SONY Pictures has released a new image of Andrew Garfield in costume on the set of The Amazing Spider-Man and fans are split on what it shows them. I have been on board with this new suit since the beginning. I think it looks really nice and is a great new look for our wall crawler. The one thing that bothers me about this photo however is that we can see Peter's eyes in this mask. I really feel that his eyes should not be seen to keep a more classic character feel.

However, in my very first blog post for Realm Beyond Sight I uncovered the origin of this particular suit. It comes from a 2008 five issue series called Spider-Man: With Great Power by David Lapham and Tony Harris. I have posted the scan of the comic at the bottom of this post and you can clearly see in this particular comic you can see Peter's eyes in this suit. Although the movie suit is staying true to the origin comic it still bothers me as I did not like it in the comic either.

How do you feel about Peter's eyes being visible in his new Spidey suit?


The Amazing Spider-Man swings into theaters on July 3, 2012.


Suit Origin - Posted in Realm Beyond Sight's 1st post!


Source: Facebook: The Amazing Spider-Man

Comments