James Marsters reveals that he is open to joining the new Buffy the Vampire Slayer series.


It was recently announced that a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer show is in the works and that it in fact will be a sequel series rather than a complete reboot. Buffy alum James Marsters, aka Spike, is aware of the series and has stated that as long as Joss Whedon is involved in the project that he would be on board to return to the show. This is good news as Joss Whedon is set to executive produce the show while it will be directed by Monica Owusu-Breen.
""I am open to whatever Joss has in mind. Whether that’s playing Spike or something else, I told him a long time ago. Joss’s mind is always surprising so I’m open to playing Spike if Joss is involved.”"
The obvious hurdle about Marsters returning is that Spike is an ageless vampire while actor James Marsters is not. However, Marsters has given this some thought.
""I think we’d have to get some really good lighting together to sell Spike, but they are doing more and more and more, both with actor health and with special effects. What would be great is if he comes back and he’s like, ‘Buffy, you look terrible. I still love you of course.’ That would be fun.”"
Speaking about having an all new slayer in the upcoming series, Marsters stated;
""I think it is fabulous. I saw a tweet by the woman who sold the idea that she wants an entirely new slayer within the universe established by ‘Buffy.’ So she’s not going to be Buffy the vampire slayer. It’s going to be Sabrina or whatever it is and I think that’s a great way to go. I’m very excited about it. I think that the world very much needs a new slayer right now.”"
What are your thoughts on James Marsters possibly joining the new series? Would you want to see Spike return? Share your thoughts in the comments.

----------
You can also follow Realm Beyond Sight on Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS for the latest news and fun conversations!

Source: Science Fiction

Comments