Peter Capaldi announces that he is leaving Doctor Who.


In a shocking move, actor Peter Capaldi announce during a BBC Radio 2 show that this coming season of the hit show Doctor Who will be his last. After the next season airs his last episode will be the 2017 Christmas Special.

Talking to Jo Whiley Capaldi stated,
""I feel it’s time to move on."
"I feel sad, I love Doctor Who, it is a fantastic programme to work on. It can't praise the people I work with more highly, but I have always been someone that did a lot of different things.""
Peter came onto the show in 2013 and took on the role of the Twelfth Doctor. Rumors had started to spread that Peter's end could be near but this sudden announcement is still quite a shock.



The 10th season of Doctor Who will introduce the new companin Bill Potts played by Pearl Mackie. She'll get one season to run around all of time and space with the Twelfth Doctor. I'm actually okay with Peter leaving. He did a fine job but I never really connected with his version of the Doctor like I have with others. So moving forward I am excited to see who will take over the role. However, I know there are many fans out there who really enjoyed Peter's take on the character. It's sad to see any Doctor leave but you never know what the future holds. (Unless you have your own TARDIS.)

Doctor Who season 10 will premiere on April 15, 2017.

-------------
Show your support by "liking" and following my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: YouTube - Doctor Who Official
Source: BBC

Comments