Lucasfilm releases the theatrical poster for Star Wars: The Force Awakens!


We are just two months away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and to celebrate, Lucasfilm has released the theatrical poster for the film. The poster is visually appealing but I'm surprised they went with such a clichéd layout. I do like that it is spilt into color quadrants; (top left going clockwise) red, blue, green, orange.

It is really cool to see all the characters but three things jumped out at me; where's Luke?, the round "weapon" looking object behind Finn (new Death Star?), and the mysterious character standing behind BB-8. Who is that? He must be important to make it onto the poster.

What do you think of the film's theatrical poster?

UPDATE (8:57pm EST 10-19-15):
It was pointed out to me that the "mystery character" I pointed out could be Lupita Nyongo's Maz Kanata. I've also heard it could be a character named Teedo who is a scavenger on Jakku. I think the glasses make it lean towards being Teedo.

----------------------
Show your support by "liking" and following my new Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: Star Wars

Comments