New Guinness World Record is set for the most Doctor Who memorabilia!

A lot of Doctor Who fans out there are proud to have their collection of Doctor Who graphic tees and their replica sonic screwdriver but superfan Ian O’Brien has that all beat. O'Brien has just entered the 2014 Guinness Book of World Records as the holder of the largest collection of Doctor Who memorabilia.

Ian O'Brien's record holding collection includes 1,573 Doctor Who items which range from action figures, cardboard cut outs, DVDs, stickers, and so much more. His collection started in 1974 and has been growing ever since.

""It's mostly Daleks, Cybermen, action figures, and all the DVDs," Ian tells RadioTimes.com. "I have all the Doctor Who annuals there have been, apart from the 1970 Jon Pertwee one which is hyper hyper rare! But it's a fortune on eBay. It's £225, whereas you can get the first Pertwee annual for £25!" 
Ian adds to his collection mainly through eBay, although is constantly on the look out for a deal. 
"If I'm out and about I'll usually be after bargains. So this morning I got a bargain in Tesco. I got a Dalek playset for £2.50, that was down from a tenner! I don't want to add up [how much I've spent]! Although if you miss something out years ago, patience can prevail. I got something last week produced in the '90s, a remote control Davros figure that was about £30/40, but I got it for £20.50, new in the box.""

This is one impressive collection! What do you think of O'Brien's collection of memorabilia? Are you as dedicated to anything as he is to Doctor Who?

Source: The Doctor Who Site
Source: Radio Times

Comments