Lynda Carter weighs in on the new Wonder Woman costume!

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
DC fans were treated to the first look of the new Wonder Woman (played by actress Gal Gadot) that we'll see in the film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice during San Diego Comic-Con. Fan reaction seemed to be split but on the whole they seemed to really like it. Complaints on the new outfit seemed to be nitpicking smaller details but with various Wonder Woman outfits out there not 100% of the fanbase was going to be pleased. I feel this new outfit has a real world look that will look great in the film.

In a recent interview Access Hollywood got to sit down with actress Lynda Carter who starred as Wonder Woman in the iconic 1975 television series. With the original Wonder Woman sitting in front of them, they of course had to ask what she thought of the new costume reveal. Here's what Lynda Carter had to say:
"Well, I was missing the red, white and blue, I have to say. ... I don't know. I haven't seen it yet, so I really can't comment. Maybe there's a lot more color in it than what we saw in the picture. It's almost impossible to play a superhero anyway. You can't. You just have to play a character that happens to do these amazing things. That's the only way you can do it. And the costumes all take care of themselves, but it was a little more – I'll have to wait and see. I hate to comment on something that I haven't seen and I'm very supportive of Gal Gadot. I'm very supportive of them doing Wonder Woman, putting her in any capacity. I think she needs to be out there. ... It's high time somebody took a chance and did it and so I'm really happy about that."

All in all that is a pretty fair and positive response. I think once we see the costume in a different lighting that there may be a little more color than we see in the darker promotional image. It's great to hear that Carter is supporting Gal Gadot as the new Wonder Woman and I definitely am as well. I can't wait to see what she brings to this role and how she is in the film.

Comments