Find out where Karen Gillan's hair wound up when she shaved her head for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy!

Karen Gillan as Nebula in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
Fans of Karen Gillan, best known for her role as Amy Pond on the British sci-fi show Doctor Who, were stunned to see that she had completely shaved her head for her role as Nebula in Marvel's upcoming film Guardians of the Galaxy. The interesting thing is that her hair now has the potential to be seen in some pretty big films itself! (Yes, you read that correctly!) 

During an interview with Collider Gillan was asked if shaving her head was liberating or if any tears were shed. Check out her response.

"No, I was laughing hysterically.  It really hit me when I woke up the next morning.  That’s when I was like, “Oh, my god, where’s my hair?!”  But also, everyone kept me in good spirit.  Everyone was laughing and telling jokes.  Marvel are the best company to work for, they really are.  They treat you really well.  They made my hair into the most incredible well-made wig and they gave it to the Star Wars people.  It’s just so funny to think that my hair is made into a wig, next to all these Star Wars monster heads in a warehouse.  I thought that was really funny."
It's pretty interesting that they not only created a wig out of her hair (something that is common when getting rid of that much hair) but they donated it to Lucas Film (I'd assume)! You can be sure that fans will now be on the lookout for Gillan's iconic long locks in upcoming Lucas Film projects!

Source: Collider

Comments