The Legend of Zelda - Symphony of the Goddess at Nintendo World! [video]

I got a ticket!!
On Saturday, September 14th, Nintendo World in New York City held an intimate event that would serve as a preview to one of Nintendo’s largest events held; The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary - Symphony of the Goddess. The Symphony of the Goddess Tour has been traveling around the country and capturing the hearts of Zelda fans everywhere but this November it will finally be making its way to Madison Square Garden in New York City. With this in mind, Nintendo thought it would be a nice idea to give fans a little preview of what was on its way.

Fans began to line up for this event a full day in advance to secure their spot inside. The long wait wasn’t all bad though as there were plenty of gamers to talk to and 3DS games to play. Due to work I couldn’t arrive till 5pm the day of the event (which started at 6pm - yikes!) but I thankfully received one of the last tickets into the event and was extremely happy that I did!

Once inside fans were treated to a ocarina tutorial by David Ramos who spoke about and played several different ocarinas used throughout the The Legend of Zelda franchise. He also gave the history behind each ocarina and wowed fans with the fact that the ocarina has been around for over 15,000 years and is an Italian wind instrument. It was originally chosen to be used in The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for the Gameboy in 1993 because of its calming, adventurous nature.

After Ramos finished the Ocarina lessons everyone quickly hurried upstairs where a seven part musical ensemble was waiting to perform. I was lucky enough to get an amazing spot to sit in about 15 feet back and to the side which proved to be perfect for photos and recording the performance. Fans gathered upstairs and either sat in front of the ensemble or stood off to the back and to the side of the 2nd floor of Nintendo World. While waiting for the performance fans took the opportunity to check their 3DS Street Passes and finish new puzzles.



The musical ensemble was conducted by Eímear Noone and was introduced by musical director Chad Seiter as well as show producers Jeron Moore and Jason Michael Paul. The concert lasted just under an hour and was simply breath taking! Playing music from the entire franchise, the ensemble had the crowd in awe as it brought the The Legend of Zelda music to life in a way that fans have always wanted to hear it. From the softest note to the strongest crescendo, the crowd never spoke a word until the roaring applause after each song. It was truly an amazing set of songs (of which there were 10) that I will never forget. As a life long Zelda fan this was a beautiful night that will stay with me. 


When the concert was finished fans were able to head downstairs to buy Symphony of the Goddess merchandise and get it signed by David Ramos and the creative team behind the Zelda Symphony Orchestra as well as the conductor, Eímear Noone. I was also lucky enough to get the harpist and one of the viola player’s autographs who I saw walking around and enjoying Nintendo World. I got the autographs on my event ticket and plan to frame it!

My girlfriend and I at the event!



This was an amazing night and I hope that everyone who was able to attend had as much of a great time as I did. I’d like to thank Nintendo and Nintendo World for a beautiful night at the symphony!

You can see all of my photos in my Flickr set here.

Song 1 from the event:


You can watch all of the songs in my Youtube channel. Or you can click the links below for the individual songs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
(The songs average about 4-5 minutes each)

Song 1 

Song 2
Song 3
Song 4 
Song 5 
Song 6 
Song 7
Song 8
Song 9
Song 10 - The Legend of Zelda Main Theme

Comments