The Simpson's creator Matt Groening reveals the location of Springfield

The big mysterious question surrounding The Simpsons has always been where Springfield was located in the US. After all these years, many thought that it would never be revealed and would remain one of those great fan debates. However, after 23 seasons, The Simpsons creator Matt Groening has finally revealed the location of Springfield. The state that gets the honor of saying that the Simpson family lives in their state is ... Oregon!
"The home of the Simpsons is named after the neighboring town where Groening grew up in Portland. “The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show Father Knows Best took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown,” Groening said in an interview with Smithsonian Magazine.
“When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name,” continued Groening, who lived on Evergreen Terrace as a child, the same name of the street the Simpsons live on. “I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, ‘This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.’ And they do."
Source: TV Guide

Comments

  1. I love this!

    Oddly too this makes me wish my dad was still alive - he would have loved to have heard about this. He always tried to figure out what state it was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment