Read the audition script for the Doctor's new companion!

The newest issue of Doctor Who Magazine has hit the stands and it has one very interesting article in it that reveals to fans the audition script that Jenna-Louise Coleman had to read in order to get the part of the new companion to the Doctor. The audition script gives us a good look at the new companion and even gives us a name! It's possible that all this could change but for the moment this is the first official look that we have on the new companion  and she seems fantastic!

Take a look at the audition script and see if you can catch the "Blink" references it has.
"The Doctor and Jasmine are investigating a haunted house.
DOCTOR: So you saw it coming in here? What did it look like?
JASMINE: Grey. Sort of dusty. Like it was made of spider webs.
D: And it came through the wall.
J: Yeah, that wall there.
D: But you don’t think it was a ghost. Why not?
J: Because there’s no such thing as ghosts.
D: You know, a lot of people who saw what you saw wouldn’t still think that.
J: Obviously. Otherwise there wouldn’t be idiots who believe in ghosts.
D: What were you doing here?
J: I love this place. It’s… beautiful.
D: It’s falling apart.
J: It’s old. I love old things, they make me feel sad.
D: What’s good about sad?
J: It’s happy for deep people. You’d know.
D: I’m not sad.
J: Oh, you are though. Under all that talking and leaping about. Takes one to know one.
D: So you come here for… recreational sadness?
J: Yeah. In a way. Okay, why are you looking at me like that?
D: You remind me of an old friend of mine. Someone I lost a long time ago.
J: Down boy. I’m not her.
D: Oh, I know you’re not – I don’t believe in ghosts either.
J: Oh my God, what’s that?
D: Okay, just stay calm.
J: But that’s the thing I saw before.
D: Yep, and it’s coming towards us. I expect you noticed that. Say it with me – I don’t believe in ghosts!
J: I don’t believe in ghosts!
D: Louder! I don’t believe in ghosts!
J: I don’t believe in ghosts!! Will this work?
D: No idea, never met a ghost before."
In case you didn't catch the reference to the episode "Blink", Sally Sparrow also said she liked being sad because it was happy for deep people. So after reading the audition script, what do you think of the new companion? And who do you think the Doctor was referring to when he said Jasmine reminded him of someone he lost long ago?(*Remember that Matt Smith is a fan of classic Doctor Who and has made a lot of references to the classic series in his tenure as the Doctor. So it could be a classic companion as well as a current one.)

Source: Bleeding Cool

Comments