Life-Size Samus Aran (Metroid) Papercraft Sculpture

Flickr user IAmThatOneGuy has posted one of the most impressive papercrafts that I have had the pleasure of seeing. In his spare time he has created a life-size (6'10") papercraft of Samus Aran from the video game franchise Metroid. The papercraft is modeled after models from the game Metroid Prime 2 and has amazing detail.
"This is probably one of the most insane things I've ever conceived of, and I'm not 100% sure why I decided to do it, but having obtained game models from Metroid Prime 2, I decided to make a paper sculpture of Samus, life-sized. Pieces as I finish them will appear here. Why? I haven't yet figured that out. To pass the time? To give my hands something to do while I'm avoiding my work? To amuse myself for no reason? Because I can? In the hopes that some crazed fan will give me thousands of dollars for it? Maybe someday someone will explain it to me."
For further pictures of different angles and pieces check out his Flickr set linked below.


Source: Flickr - IAmThatOneGuy

Comments