Mark Hamill speaks out about the emotional return to the Millennium Falcon on set of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.


Fans went crazy when a recent trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi showed Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) walking into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. It's been years since we have seen Luke aboard the iconic ship and it brought back some fond memories and emotions. However, it wasn't only fans experiencing this. It was an emotional moment for Mark Hamill as well.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Hamill recalled what it was like being back on the YT-1300 Corellian frieghter, aka the Melinnium Falcon.
"“I’m telling you, I didn’t expect to have the reaction I had. I was there with my family, with [my children] Nathan and Griffin and Chelsea and my wife Marilou, and [Lucasfilm] asked if the documentary crew could be there when I came back on the Millennium Falcon. I mean, this was not on the shooting day. I was just street clothes and going to visit that set. And I said, ‘Sure.’”"
Speaking about what it was like to return to the Falcon, he ststaed;
"“It was sort of like visiting an old house that you lived in when you were a kid. I mean, I just welled up with emotion and I said, ‘I need to be by myself.’”"
"“They had recreated it down to every last detail that I remember. The oil drips, the hanging pipes, just everything. The dice in the cockpit,” he said."
It's going to be an amazing scene for fans but it understandably has deeper meaning for Mark and Luke alike. I'm sure the emotional aspect will shine through Mark's acting. I cannot wait to see how it all unfolds.

Are you excited for Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be in theaters on December 15, 2017.

--------------
Show your support by "liking" and following my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Comments