Rapid Fire (First Impressions) Review - The Gifted.


In Realm Beyond Sight's "Rapid Fire Review" I hit the good, the bad, and try to get out before the review becomes too long winded. In this new review I take a look at the newest Fox show, The Gifted.

I won't spoil anything here for those that haven't seen the show yet.

Fox's new X-Men inspired show, The Gifted, has finally premiered and in a word it was "Astonishing"! Seriously. Wow! Set in the X-Men Universe (though separate from the X-Men films), The Gift it is a fresh take on the Marvel property that delivers a unique perspective to the X-Men Universe. Littered with fun X-Men references and Easter eggs, this is truly the X-Men show that fans have been waiting for.

This show has a lot of potential and I truly think it can be great. It delivers a good story that is acted out by a great cast. The ensemble cast does a wonderful job at bringing their characters to life and delivering them in such a way that even after a single episode you feel a connection to them. It was nice to see that right out of the gate these characters were already developing their depth. From the first episode, I have to say that the two stand out characters are Lauren Strucker played by Natalie Alyn Lind and Clarice Fong, aka Blink, played by Jamie Chung. These two delivered exceptional performances and I must say that Jamie Chung looks absolutely spectacular as Blink. I am loving it!

Episode 1 of The Gifted delivered a good story, compelling characters, fun dialogue, some exciting action sequences, and a lot of X-Men references. Bonus points are awarded because the special effects used to create the look of the various mutant abilities was very well done. At no point did the effects look cheesy or fake.

When the show ended I didn't realize that the hour had gone by. That is always the mark of a good show. I lost track of time and was engrossed with what was going on. I am incredibly excited to see what the rest of the season brings.

I highly recommend this show to all Marvel fans, to X-Men fans, and to the general audience who may be new to X-Men. This is a great show that everybody will enjoy.

---------
Show your support by "liking" and following my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Comments